International Board of Education of the Church of the Nazarene Grants
· For undergrad students who demonstrate financial need
· Deadline: Feb. 15, 2017
· To apply, go to: http://iboescholarships.nazarene.org and click on Start a New Application
· You are also required to get 3 Recommendation forms regardless of which grant you apply for. There is a link to the recommendation forms available on the application webpage. These need to be mailed in.
Sarah Gaulin Memorial Scholarship
· Students with disabilities scholarship opportunity
· Demonstrated perseverance through mental health struggles
· Strong commitment to pursuing their academic career
· Potential to be an outstanding participant in the community
· Deadline: April 1, 2017
Apply Online Here:
Student Aid Alberta:
Indigenous Careers Award
If you did not receive this award last semester and want to apply for this semester, please come see me to apply.
If you did apply last semester, you will automatically be included for this Winter semester awards.
Deadline: Feb. 10
Please contact Hannah Temple email@example.com for any questions
Sign Up for your Grad Photo Appointment and receive further information here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4aa9aa28abfd0-2017
Dates to sign up are February 8-10
Please see the following link for a copy of Chancellor Rolly Laing’s Chapel Talk: “Old Bones Give New Life, Pts. 1 & 2”
There are a few printed copies at the desk in Student Development too. Feel free to stop by!
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 2 || 6:00-8:30PM ||ROOM A2210
Inviting all Ambrose students to join for an inspiring night of sharing dreams and figuring out how to put them into action!
What are some dreams you might have?
Whatever it is God is calling you to - we want to hear your dreams and inspire action!
Join us for pizza, opportunities to share and be encouraged about the ministry dreams God has placed in your heart to reach the least-reached, and be encouraged to pursue your dreams.
Here's a testimony from a student who came in previous years:
During the Dream Night I felt The Lord ask me to commit myself to the dream that He had given me. Since then God has been so faithful in putting this dream into motion. I came to the event certain God was speaking to me, but a little uncertain about the specifics of this "dream”. At the event a leader encouraged me to press into the idea of a ministry that works with victims of Human Trafficking. The next day that very ministry began to unfold. I simply committed to the plans the Lord had, and asked that he would provide me with a team to come alongside. I am four years into directing an organization launched forward from this night, and am surrounded by a continually growing team. This is a testimony of God's faithfulness. God fulfills His promises.
Please sign up here: http://www.transformcma.ca/event/dream-night/. Attendance numbers are needed no later than January 26 for catering. See website link for further details.
See you there!
Hosted by the Western Canadian District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
Tuesday 11:15am - Rolly Laing, QC: "Old Bones Give New Life, Pt. 2" More essential truths from the Scriptures for the way of the wise. (Rolly Laing is the Chancellor of Ambrose University. You can pick up a copy of his talk—both parts 1 & 2—in Student Development at the Reception Desk.)
Wednesday 4:30pm - Special Guests: Rev. Paul Verhoef (U of C Chaplain, Reformed) and Rev. Margaret Propp (U of C Chaplain, Lutheran). Join us as we celebrate The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity.
Thursday 11:15am - Matthew Morris: "Loving Nature is Loving My Neighbour." One of Ambrose University’s biology professors offers practical illustrations of the linkage between the mandate to "rule over" and "subdue" the earth and the call to love our neighbours as ourselves.
Our student service menu was looking a little full so we've re-organized.
Look for the following pages under Online Resources (formerly Ambrose Online):
Your Ambrose Web Team
Graduating Career Services:
1. Personal appointment – I am available for a personal meeting with you to answer any job search question or brainstorm possibilities…even after you graduate. You can drop by my office (M-TH 8:30-4:30) or send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Resume Review – A professional resume is vital to a successful job search. Email me yours for a review and suggested revisions
3. Career Fair: Work & Learning – On March 1 from 11am-2pm we will bring onto campus representatives from both educational institutions and organizations with employment openings as a resource for Ambrose students seeking summer, career and further training opportunities.
4. E-Job Fair – On Feb 28 we will launch an electronic job fair on the Ambrose Student & Alumni Job Board. Everyone who participates in the career fair and all those who cannot physically come will be encouraged to post their opportunities on the job board. Be sure to check this board often https://jobboard.ambrose.edu/?page_id=6
5. Resume upload – A new feature to the job board is the ability to upload your resume, this allows potential employers to contact you directly https://jobboard.ambrose.edu/?page_id=1689
6. Job Search Lunch n Learns – During the 3rd week of March we will host a series of lunch n learn sessions on various job search topics, come to one or all of them to gain the information you need to stand out in a competitive market. M21 Resume, M22 LinkedIn, M23 Networking/Interviewing. These will be open to all students, alumni and the community.
7. Like our Facebook page: Ambrose University Career Services for job opportunities and job search information
Hope to hear from many of you grads in the weeks to follow!
Are you interested in a career as a teacher, and are you considering the Bachelor of Education after-degree here at Ambrose? Please consider attending our information evening, coming up on Wednesday, February 1, at 6:30pm in the education department area in Res/Ed. There will be snacks and refreshments, presentations from our faculty, current students, and alumni, and an opportunity to apply for free. Whether you’re in your first year at Ambrose trying to figure out your future options, or you’re in your final year, all are welcome to attend! Please register by clicking here or e-mailing Kalie Eeles at email@example.com.
The Ambrose University Singers will meet for their first rehearsal of the Winter term this coming Monday, January 9, 2017 at 3:00 PM in the Choir Room. New members are also invited to join! Contact Ian Charter in the Music Department if you have questions, or simply come to the first rehearsal to “try it out.”
Please complete this survey on Culture Shock on behalf of the Canada Wide Science Fair